[Snort-users] Snort Scholarship Winners Announced

Mike Guiterman mike.guiterman at ...1935...
Thu May 15 17:25:43 EDT 2008

I'm pleased announce the winners of the 2008 Snort Scholarship Program.
Each winner will receive a $5,000 scholarship to help further their
education. This year's winners are:

Michela Becchi, a PhD candidate in computer engineering at Washington
University in St. Louis. Becchi has been using Snort for the last two
years and does research on accelerating regular expression matching,
especially in the context of Network IPS. She began to study the Snort
engine and rule-sets as part of her research and at her internships at
NEC Labs and Intel.

Marie-Paule Uwase, a Bachelor of Science candidate in computer science
at the National University of Rwanda (NUR). Uwase was introduced to
Snort through her course work at NUR and is now part of the University’s
security team using Snort to protect the university’s critical
infrastructure.

This year's winners were selected out of nearly 200 applications
submitted from around the world. It's truly a pleasure for everyone here
at Sourcefire to be able to award these scholarships to deserving
students in the open source community.

Please join me in congratulating Michela and Marie-Paule.

Keep on Snorting

-Mike