[Snort-users] ./configure ERROR!

YARICK yarick at ...14338...
Wed May 14 19:06:04 EDT 2008

here is what googling for one minute found:

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Curtis LaMasters <curtislamasters at ...11827...>
wrote:

> I am getting an error when running ./configure on a freshly installed Suse
> 10.3 system.  The error is:
>
> ERROR!  programmatic interface to dynamic link loader not found.  Cannot
> use dynamic plugin libraries.
>
> It follows these two lines:
>
> checking for dlsym in -ldl... no
> checking for dlsym in -lc... no
>
> I am trying to install Snort with MySQL support.  Any ideas?
>

> --
> Curtis LaMasters
> http://www.curtis-lamasters.com
> http://www.builtnetworks.com

--Yarick Tsagoyko

Advisory Notice: Email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act and is legally privileged, but inherently insecure. Content may be
subject to alteration: email addresses may incorrectly identify the sender.
This email transmission, and any documents, files, or previous email
messages attached to it may be privileged and confidential, and are intended
only for the use of the recipient(s) named in the address field. If the
reader of this message is not an intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible to deliver it to the recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or its
contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify me by telephone or return email and delete it and any
attachments from your computer. Thank you.