[Snort-users] Logging Reassembled Packets

Kamran Shafi kamran.shafi at ...11827...
Thu Mar 13 19:37:04 EDT 2008

I notice that there is a show_rebuilt_packets option in steam5_global
configuration, which I have turned on but don't know if it is producing
anything. I run snort on some traffic collected on a web/dns/mysql server
using -r flag. The log shows that snort filters out the server's response
and keeps only the inbound traffic - I am not sure if this behaviour is
because of the stream 5 processor or else?

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Joel Esler <joel.esler at ...1935...>
wrote:

> Again, a visit to the readme's in the doc/ directory should help you.
>  Look up "log_flushed_streams" in the stream4 readme.
> Joel
>
>    On Mar 13, 2008, at 2:36 AM, Kamran Shafi wrote:
>
>   Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to log the reassembled (TCP/UDP/ICMP) sessions in Snort?
>
> --
> Regards
> Kam
>

> --