[Snort-users] snort-2.8.0.2. Bug in MySQL?

salomon.riedo at ...14317... salomon.riedo at ...14317...
Thu Mar 13 04:02:54 EDT 2008

Hey JJC

Thanks for your response.
--> i doesn't have lots of data, so i think, that i don't need barnyard
... I think, that this is the main reason to use it?
--> Primary symptoms:
     Database is Empty (whith the previous version of snort [2.8.0.1] it
ran without any troubles ... )

Another solution is using the previous version.

________

 You should use unified output and use barnyard to read said unified
data and write into mysql.
There are several well documented reasons for this on the web...

JJC

	> I'am relatively new in this group and have an unsolved problem
with
	> logging alerts to a MySQL-DB since the upgrade to Snort
2.8.0.2.
	> If I run the configure-script: # ./configure --with-mysql,
there are no
	> errors.
	>sql
	> My questions:
	> - Are there any essential changes on the new version?
	> - Could it be, that the problem is on my running-system
(OpenSuse10.3)?

	what is the primary symptom?

	Snort wont build?
	Snort wont run?