[Snort-users] Changing name of alerts log

frederick sonnichsen fsonnichsen at ...315...
Mon Mar 10 10:40:14 EDT 2008

I have snort 2.8.0.2 (75) running on Fedora Core 6. It presently writes
files "alerts" and "snort.log.xxxxxxx".
I want to change the names of these files to fit software/scripts
written by my predecessor. Can someone tell me how to change the: alerts
log to "snortlog.log" and the dump logs to "tcpdump.log"

I tried:
in snort.conf
  output alert_syslog: LOG_LOCAL0
in syslog.conf
  local0.*
/var/log/snort/snortlog.log

But this has no affect. Perhaps this is not the way to accomplish this.

Thanks
Fritz