[Snort-users] Extending CSV output plug-in

Jason security at ...5028...
Sun Mar 2 20:14:13 EST 2008

Kamran Shafi wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Thanks for the reply. However, due to my ignorance I couldn't get much out
> of it.
>>> inline -- could you please elobarate more.
>
>>> Perhaps it is because command line options override the config file.
> I don't really think so, because the tcpdump output is working without any
> glitches.

Did you try?

>>> You will have to write the code to make packet data available in the csv.
> I guessed so -- can you provide any useful links, where to start from and
> which module/preprocessor to modify??

You should start reading here - http://www.snort.org/docs/#devel

Specifically, look at src/output-plugins/spo_csv.c

For templates check out hte sources in the templates directories.

Please keep replies on list, it doesn't much help the next person when
things go off-line.