[Snort-users] Undetected SQL Injection

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at ...294...
Mon Jun 23 19:13:56 EDT 2008

Curtis LaMasters wrote:
> I am running Snort 2.7 on my firewalls and have still somehow been SQL
> injected.  I have the SQL rules, MySQL rules, IIS Rules, and a few
> more but it sill did not detect.  Below I have part of the IIS log
> where the injection (attempt) was done. I was hopeing someone could
> shed some light on the problem. Please let me know if I need to
> provide any additional information.

As the sample URIs you gave imply it was some sort of store, can I ask
if it was HTTPS or HTTP? If it was over HTTPS, then snort wouldn't have
been able to decipher it - as it's encrypted :-)

If you are using HTTPS, then you have to "convert" that traffic back
into an unencrypted format before any analysis can be done. e.g. reverse
proxies, Web Application Firewalls, etc.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417