[Snort-users] Anybody have the link for "How to Write Snort Rules" Webinar?

Mike Guiterman mike.guiterman at ...1935...
Tue Jun 17 10:19:58 EDT 2008

We'll get the slides download fixed - thanks for letting us know.

The Snort.org privacy policy is here:
http://www.snort.org/about_snort/legal/privacy.html

While we know it's frustrating, we require registration for certain
content primarily for planning purposes.  The information you provide at
registration helps us to:

    * Plan where Sourcefire's Education team conducts classroom training
      for Snort
    * Determine what type of content and time of day for programs such
      as these web casts.  For instance, If we see a large number of
      west coast or Non-US users are registering to watch recordings
      instead of joining the live session we can plan to conduct web
      casts at different times or over multiple sessions to give more of
      you the opportunity to join live so you can get in on Q&A.
    * Resource planning - when we saw the registration numbers for the
      February Web Cast, we had to upgrade our WebEX account and change
      the format so everyone who registered could watch the live event

Sourcefire does not use these registrations for marketing.  The only
time Sourcefire sends direct emails to individual Snort users is when
you've opted in for certain communications including webinars, training
information, rules information or updates on Sourcefire products.   You
can check your opt in status under user preferences on Snort.org.  These
lists are much more effective for getting you access to the content you
want, attendance at live webinars is 10X higher when we email the event
information to opt-in lists vs. posting only to the snort-devel and
snort-users mailing lists

In the future, and hopefully sooner rather than later, we'll be
upgrading Snort.org to make this easier for you.  In the mean time, we
moved this to Sourcefire.com so you'd only have to register one time for
access to the webinar archives.

I hope this answers your question.

Mike