[Snort-users] Snort 2.8.1 - TimeStats()

Todd Wease twease at ...1935...
Tue Jun 17 06:29:26 EDT 2008

Wes,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I just tested this on
snort-2.8.1 and snort-2.8.2, and in daemon mode, as you note, it does
not seem to work in snort-2.8.1.  It does seem to work in snort-2.8.2.
I'm not able to track down exactly why yet (just putting a random
printf() call seemed to get it going), but 2.8.2 has some significant
performance improvements, so maybe upgrade to 2.8.2 to take advantage of
that as well.

Thanks,
Todd