[Snort-users] issue with 2.8.2

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at ...294...
Thu Jun 5 22:50:50 EDT 2008

Steven Sturges wrote:
> Hi Jason--
>
> I think we have identified the issue with the pass rules.
> We are working on testing a fix for it, and will release a
> patch as soon as its verified.

Thanks for finding something. I was *this close* to rolling back all our
servers to 2.8.0.1 as my next test. :-)

> In the simpler cases, you might also use suppression (which
> would be better performance wise).  Probably not possible
> with the rules you outlined below, however.

Yeah. But I have taken this as the opportunity to update and consolidate
the "pass" rules I had. Less rules is always a good thing :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417