[Snort-users] Barynard compile gives "unable to find mysql headersmysql.h

Hutchinson, Andrew (Network Security) andrew.hutchinson at ...759...
Wed Jan 30 14:37:40 EST 2008

Mysql-devel should have the header files.

Andrew

From: snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of sudhakar
govindavajhala
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:30 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net; snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Barynard compile gives "unable to find mysql
headersmysql.h

Hello,

I am trying to get Snort to run with MYSQL.  I was advised to use Barnyard.

I do not find Barnyard binaries.  I tried to compile from source.

./configure gives:

  ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
  checked in the following places
        /mysql.h

 I have MYSQL installed because of RPM that comes with Red Hat CD. It does
not seem to supply me with mysql.h.    What RPM supplies  mysqlh?

While RPM has its weaknesses, I prefer RPM approach because it is easier.

--Sudhakar