[Snort-users] snort and squid

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Thu Jan 17 10:36:29 EST 2008

You have two options.  Correlate the events with the logs from your
Squid proxy, or move the Snort sensor inside the proxy.

Sometimes (and right now I can't remember if Squid does it) it will
add a header to the http that says "X-Forwarded-For" or similar that
will have the IP of the actual client.  However, like I said, I can't
remember if Squid does that for you, and that would be the only way
that you can see the IP behind the proxy.

Joel