[Snort-users] custom ruletype (to mysql DB) is broken in snort 2.8.0.1

Agent Smith news8080 at ...131...
Thu Jan 3 15:51:06 EST 2008

so it works in 2.7 then? I am sorry but I spend a good
day fighting this and gave up. I went back to snort
2.6 and saw the same kind of things (little different
in that the ruletype redalert DB was also accepting
'normal' alerts that are suppose to go to generic DB
that stores everything else) and I ended up with two
copies of same alert in two different DB instances.

haven't tried 2.7 yet but will give it a shot now...