[Snort-users] custom ruletype (to mysql DB) is broken in snort 2.8.0.1

Agent Smith news8080 at ...131...
Wed Jan 2 20:51:39 EST 2008

OK:

As I stare at these damn BASE screens I am getting
crazy. I finally managed to get alerts in the test
database (originally intended for custom signatures
only)

Now the problem is that it logs ALL alerts in both
test DB AND snort DB. thats just weird. There is like
6 lines of documentation all together in faq.pdf, not
a word in any READMEs about ruletype (and now I am
posting a reply to myself in the group)

Have NOONE else ran into this?? really???

The alertype crap doesn't work and I may just need to
write my on SQL statements to extract things  I want
stored seperately in another DB