[Snort-users] Invalid keyword 'Preprocessor' for global configuration

Matt Olney molney at ...1935...
Fri Dec 19 09:23:41 EST 2008

At the end of your preprocessor SMTP line, you have a "\", which
continues the line into the preprocessor sfportscan line.

Try and remove the "\" at the end of 135 and try again.

preprocessor SMTP: ports { 25 465 691 } inspection_type stateful
normalize cmds valid_cmds { MAIL RCPT HELP HELO ETRN EHLO EXPN VRFY
ATRN SIZE BDAT DEBUG EMAL ESAM ESND ESOM EVFY IDENT NOOP RSET SEND
SAML SOML AUTH TURN ETRN PIPELINING CHUNKING DATA DSN RSET QUIT ONEX
QUEU STARTTLS TICK TIME TURNME VERB X-EXPS X-LINK2STATE XADR XAUTH
XCIR XEXCH50 XGEN XLICENSE XQUEU XSTA XTRN XUSR }       normalize_cmds
{ MAIL RCPT HELP HELO ETRN EHLO EXPN VRFY ATRN SIZE BDAT DEBUG EMAL
ESAM ESND ESOM EVFY IDENT NOOP RSET SEND SAML SOML AUTH TURN ETRN
PIPELINING CHUNKING DATA DSN RSET QUIT ONEX QUEU STARTTLS TICK TIME
TURNME VERB X-EXPS X-LINK2STATE XADR XAUTH XCIR XEXCH50 XGEN XLICENSE
XQUEU XSTA XTRN XUSR } \
preprocessor sfportscan: proto { all } sense_level { low } memcap {
10000000 } logfile { portscan.log }

Matt