[Snort-users] Munin plugins for Snort perfmon...

Edward Bjarte Fjellskål edward at ...11413...
Fri Dec 19 07:33:11 EST 2008

Hi,

In light of having a performance issue on one of my sensors,
wondering how to go about it, I came by a forum thread:
http://www.snort.org/reg-bin/forums.cgi?forum_id=1&topic_id=6754
and I did some quick munin plugins...

I have searched the web for such graphs for some time, with
no luck. I hope these will be useful to the community.

The graphs are generated by munin, which uses rrd-tool.
The graphs are updated each 5 minutes (depending on your
preprocessor perfmonitor settings though...)

Plungis for:

Drop Rate (%), Pattern Matching (%), Traffic speed (Mbits/s),
Alerts (per second), Avg KBytes/pkt and Avg Pkts/sec.

Plugins are found here:
http://download.gamelinux.org/snort/

Picture of how the trend graphs look like here:
http://download.gamelinux.org/snort/Snort-Munin-Plugins.png

Blog post about it here:
http://www.gamelinux.org/?p=32
Thoughts and comments are welcome :)

An expert comment on the forum thread above would be nice :)

Hacky Xmas and such...

--
http://www.gamelinux.org/
http://munin.projects.linpro.no/