[Snort-users] Solution for snort user on openSUSE 11.0 snortd init script problmes running snort ad daemon using rcsnortd commands

Tedi Heriyanto tedi.heriyanto at ...11827...
Thu Dec 18 11:02:53 EST 2008

Hi Joel,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Joel Esler <eslerj at ...11827...> wrote:
>> After testing your script in my test machine, I still got the
>> following warning message :
>>
>> Dec 18 22:01:04 myhost snort[13488]: Could not remove pid file
>> /var/run//snort_eth0.pid: Permission denied
>
> Looks like your permissions to access the file are not correct.  Are you
> sure you are running Snort as root?
I am calling snort from /etc/init.d/snort script.

I got the warning message although the files have been deleted. So I
guess it's OK to ignore them.

Thanks

--
cheers,

tedi
Blog      : http://theriyanto.wordpress.com
Website : http://tedi.heriyanto.net
You Need More Than Awareness : Stay Alert!