[Snort-users] Solution for snort user on openSUSE 11.0 snortd init script problmes running snort ad daemon using rcsnortd commands

Tedi Heriyanto tedi.heriyanto at ...11827...
Thu Dec 18 10:04:27 EST 2008

Hi Hans,

After testing your script in my test machine, I still got the
following warning message :

Dec 18 22:01:04 myhost snort[13488]: Could not remove pid file
/var/run//snort_eth0.pid: Permission denied

Although the mentioned file has already been deleted.

Thank you

--
cheers,

tedi
Blog      : http://theriyanto.wordpress.com
Website : http://tedi.heriyanto.net
You Need More Than Awareness : Stay Alert!