[Snort-users] MySQL Schema update from 106 to 107

Ian Masters ian at ...12163...
Fri Dec 12 01:50:01 EST 2008

Hi again,

I've found some fixes to the db schema errors which updating from snort
v2.3.2 to v2.8.3.1. It seems I have to run the following commands in mysql:
1. # ALTER TABLE signature ADD sig_gid INT UNSIGNED;
2. # INSERT INTO schema (vseq, ctime) VALUES ('107', now());
3. # DELETE FROM schema where vseq='106';

I hope that's right.

What I want to know is, if I do this, will my v2.3.2 snort installations
be able to send alerts to the DB with schema 107 *before* I upgrade them?

If not it seems I'm in a kind of chicken and egg situation. I'll have to
get everything upgraded at the same time.

Thanks

Ian

--
Snort v2.3.2 on various *nix; ACID v0.9.6b23