[Snort-users] Upgrading from Snort v2.3.2 to 2.8.3.1

Joel Esler eslerj at ...11827...
Wed Dec 10 13:01:11 EST 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Michael Steele allegedly wrote:

> Will there be a solution for Windows?
>
>> Snort 3 will not have db output, afaik.

I can't comment on the fact if the db input will be there or not, or
what the solution for Windows users will be. (because I don't know)  I
just remember various conversations informally in the past in IRC,
about the db input going away, as it was originally written as a
"college project" (true story, Marty didn't write it) and the vast
negative effects it has on the engine.

But that was awhile ago, and things have changed, I am sure.