[Snort-users] help

radhouene azzabi worldrad06 at ...13883...
Fri Dec 5 17:12:38 EST 2008

Hello
I m security's student and i have just begining work on SNORT
my target is to test this utility with different attack for this reasan i want to know how i can do this test and what tools can i use.

information can help:

-my OS is fedora 7
-In my research I found IDSwakeup ( is to generate false attack that mimic well known ones, in order to see if NIDS detects them and generates false positives. ) but he found problem when it lunched the iwu
IDSwakeup exsit in :
http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/outils/idswakeup/index.html.en)

please help me
thanks for evry body