[Snort-users] Lots of alarms

Enrique ejuafer at ...11827...
Wed Aug 13 12:11:25 EDT 2008

Hello world,

first say that I`m a beginner with snort. I installed it some months
ago and it is working properly.

The problem is that I receive lots of alarms, this is good, these
aren't false positives. But there are too much... then my question...

I deleted some rules and rewrite others because there are lots of
things i don't want to receive. But is there a method to filter them?
Rules have a priority, but how can i say alert me only if priority is
greater than X?
Do you recomend this?

I'll became crazy if I don't reduce the number of alerts I receive everyday.

Thanks a lot,

Greetings,

Enrique