[Snort-users] snort + mysql

JJ Cummings cummingsj at ...11827...
Wed Apr 23 16:03:25 EDT 2008

A few things..

you are using the term "IPS", have you compiled snort inline and are
thus running it inline, or using snortsam?

If you simply want to know about "dropped" packets relative to
processing stats... kill -USR1 <snortpidfoo> will dump that info for you.

Yes, you can run squil and base together... but they are certainly
different tools.... squil uses much more than just snort... as to guides
i would suggest NSMwiki.org

Once you get squil running you simply add the configuration to your
by... no different than if you were dumping syslog and mysql with by....

JJC