[Snort-users] alternative to BASE

Lamanary Ramos de Pina lamanary at ...11827...
Wed Apr 23 13:32:30 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a centos+snort+base ips set and is quite difficult to me to "see" the
results of the drops on BASE console. I understand that a sdrop doesn't
produce any alert but that's not what I want.

Is there anything like BASE (free or not) that runs over snort that gives me
a different feedback on the alerts, logs and drops namely?

I read something about sguil and i would like to know if is possible to run
it together with base? if yes, can you point me a good tutorial?

Yes, I admit that I haven't googled enough on this yet, I'm just asking for
a shortcut here.

Thanks, Lamanary

ps: I'm sorry for the other mail, I accidentally send it as reply on the
thread that I was reading.

--
http://lamanary.wordpress.com