[Snort-users] snort + mysql

YARICK yarick at ...14338...
Tue Apr 22 17:39:49 EDT 2008

p.s. make sure you grant a user @ given host permissions and not just a user

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Paolo <vortexmind at ...11827...> wrote:

> Hi sahil
> I think you should read some documentation about proper MySQL settings
> (especially about user management and GRANT statement). I think you
> should find a lot of tutorial and howto-s by googling around! You should
> create 'snort' user and give him proper permission on the database
> you've created for snort logging.
>
> Paolo
>
> sahil aggrawal wrote:
> > hi
> > thanx for the suggesion i have tried it but i am still getting this
> error
> > ERROR: database: mysql_error: Access denied for user
> > 'snort'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
> > can u help me with this
> >
> > Sahil

--Yarick Tsagoyko

Advisory Notice: Email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act and is legally privileged, but inherently insecure. Content may be
subject to alteration: email addresses may incorrectly identify the sender.
This email transmission, and any documents, files, or previous email
messages attached to it may be privileged and confidential, and are intended
only for the use of the recipient(s) named in the address field. If the
reader of this message is not an intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible to deliver it to the recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or its
contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify me by telephone or return email and delete it and any
attachments from your computer. Thank you.