[Snort-users] Emerging Threats: [Fwd: Your message to Snort-sigs awaits moderator approval]

YARICK yarick at ...14338...
Mon Apr 21 17:36:56 EDT 2008

Marty, great idea.
i am sorry but, please tell me why you are letting sourceforge to manage
YOUR mailing lists ?

p.s. please do not put me onto the "IGNORE" list, lol, thank you.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Martin Roesch <roesch at ...1935...>
wrote:

> You wouldn't believe the volume of spam that hits the lists and how
> unbearably painful the mailman interface is for clearing them (I used
> to do it).  Once upon a time we use to manually approve stuff but now,
> well, register the email address with the listserv and it'll pass
> right through.
>
>        -Marty
>
> P.S. I have no regrets, Sourceforge should figure out a way to provide
> meaningful anti-spam and a better mail approval than what they're
> using now.
>
> On Apr 20, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Matt Jonkman wrote:
>
> > Regarding the discussion last week to not have the daily updates go
> > here. I remember now why I had kept it that way.
> >
> > The weekly's 90% of the time are bounced by the sourceforge list, so
> > most of you won't see them. The dailies fit in most of the time, but
> > not
> > always.
> >
> > I won't change it back to the dailies going here again, but wanted to
> > remind everyone if you want to see the new sigs from emerging you'll
> > need to make sure you're on the emerging-sigs. It's similar volume
> > as here.
> >
> > For some reason the moderator never approves these messages....
> > ever. :)
> >
> > Matt

--Yarick Tsagoyko

Advisory Notice: Email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act and is legally privileged, but inherently insecure. Content may be
subject to alteration: email addresses may incorrectly identify the sender.
This email transmission, and any documents, files, or previous email
messages attached to it may be privileged and confidential, and are intended
only for the use of the recipient(s) named in the address field. If the
reader of this message is not an intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible to deliver it to the recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or its
contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify me by telephone or return email and delete it and any
attachments from your computer. Thank you.