[Snort-users] Hi All,

Laurence Moughan Laurence.Moughan at ...14331...
Fri Apr 18 04:08:21 EDT 2008

Hi All,

 Solaris 8 - Snort 2.8

Apr 17 16:39:31 obeids01 snort[19974]: [ID 379120 daemon.error] FATAL ERROR: /usr/local/etc/snort/./rules/bad-traffic.rules(28: Cannot check flow connection for non-TCP traffic

I Manged to get past that by commenting the udp lines, but then the next ruleset is same,
and the next
and the next

I can't just copmment nearly every rule !!

is theer a fix for this ?

Apr 17 17:01:54 obeids01 snort[21890]: [ID 379120 daemon.error] FATAL ERROR: /usr/local/etc/snort/./rules/rpc.rules(33): Cannot check flow connection for non-TCP traffic

Any ideas ?

I'm using the latest 2.8 rule set ( registered users )

,,_ -*> Snort! <*-
o" )~ Version 2.8.0 (Build 67)
'''' By Martin Roesch & The Snort Team: http://www.snort.org/team.html
(C) Copyright 1998-2007 Sourcefire Inc., et al.
Using PCRE version: 4.5 01-December-2003

..For low fares and great deals on hotels, car hire and travel insurance visit http://www.aerlingus.com
are addressed.  Any review, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
the material.
Aer Lingus Limited
Registered in Ireland
Company Number 9215
Registered Office at Dublin Airport, Dublin,Ireland.