[Snort-users] Sflowtool and Snort

melanie.te.laake at ...14329... melanie.te.laake at ...14329...
Tue Apr 15 10:39:39 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use Snort 2.8.1 with sflowtool 3.12 but I get the following
error:

sflowtool -t | snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -r -
        Error getting stat on pcap file: -: No such file or directory
        ERROR: Error getting pcaps
        Fatal Error, Quitting..

I've also tried to use named pipes with a fifo-file with the same result:
sflowtool -t > fifo.pcap
snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -r fifo.pcap
        Specified pcap is not a regular file: fifo.pcap
        ERROR: Error getting pcaps
        Fatal Error, Quitting..

Snort is working fine when it listens on eth0.
I've tested the following and it worked fine, too:
sflowtool -t | tcpdump -r -

I would be pleased if you could help me!
Melanie