[Snort-users] stream5 issues

John Hally JHally at ...14234...
Mon Apr 7 11:44:22 EDT 2008

Hello all,

running into an issue that I'm stumped on.  when setting up stream5 I'm
getting the following:

snort[15925]: WARNING: Stream5 TCP default policy not specified in
configuration
snort[15925]: WARNING: Stream5 TCP misconfigured
snort[15925]: FATAL ERROR: Stream5 not properly configured... exiting

the problem is the stream5 setup is minimal:

preprocessor stream5_global: track_tcp yes, track_udp yes, track_icmp no
preprocessor stream5_udp: ignore_any_rules
preprocessor stream5_tcp: bind_to any, policy windows, detect_anomalies

does anyone see anything wrong?

thanks!

John.