[Snort-users] IDS Policy Manager 2.0.2 not populating default snort.conf variables?

Jeff Dell jdell at ...1095...
Thu Apr 3 12:47:24 EDT 2008

When you update a policy, it only updates rules. It does not update any of
these values. To add these values, create a new policy using IDS Policy
Manager and initialize it from the default snort location, or from an
existing policy. If you use an existing policy, make sure you have all
policy files in the same directory, not just rules.

Cheers,

Jeff

From: snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of John Hally
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 11:55 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] IDS Policy Manager 2.0.2 not populating default
snort.conf variables?

Hello All,

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of this tool on a new
system, but when I go and create new policies and update them with any
ruleset (community, bleeding, current) none of the snort variables, output
modules, preprocessor configs get populated.  Has anyone else run into this?

thanks.