[Snort-users] Barnyard and Drop events

Josep Román josep.roman at ...11827...
Sat Sep 29 19:48:51 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I guess some of you have already found the same problem as I have.

Having snort_inline & barnyard running, I found out the drop events are
being logged by snort_inline but not to being picked up by barnyard.
Therefore, they're not shown in the Base console.

Since I'm using only alert_unified & log_unified it took me a while until I
turned on the alert_fast option to see the [Drop] keyword on each dropped
event line.

What approaches have you followed to have that fixed? (Perhaps modifying
barnyard source code?)

Thanks in advance and have a nice Sunday...

Josep Román