[Snort-users] New Installation

abdelmajid lakbabi abdelmajid at ...14217...
Mon Sep 24 06:39:25 EDT 2007

Hello Rachid and congratulation to join the family,
As to your request you can install it on both OS but i suggest you to
try it on Fedora to get more challenges even if it will be more stable
and more easy on Redhat Entreprise, for the installation guide you can
start here:
http://www.snort.org/docs/setup_guides/Snort_Base_Minimal.pdf
Good luck my friend.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Rachid
Abdelkhalak
Sent: dimanche 23 septembre 2007 08:16
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] New Installation

Hello All,

I want to implemente SNORT to my Network. This is my firt usage of
SNORT,
i'm reading some documents from /doc in the website.

I have a server with either Fedora 6 or Redhat Entreprise 5. Wich one is

the best plateforme to install SNORT? can i have a link to the
Installation Guide on Fedora 6 or Redhat 5 ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Rachid