[Snort-users] Sguil training: is there demand?

David J. Bianco david at ...13799...
Thu Oct 25 09:31:53 EDT 2007

Ok, so I know that there are a fair amount of Sguil users out there now,
and more coming every day.  Some of us have kicked around the idea of
providing some Sguil training, though we never seemed to have the critical
mass of potential students.  Maybe the time has come to consider this again?

What I'd like to know is this:  if there were a one day class that covered
Sguil administration (installation, troubleshooting and maintenance)
offered in the Hampton Roads, VA area (Norfolk, VA Beach, Williamsburg),
do you think you would be interested in attending?

If you would be interested in attending, how much would you be willing to
pay for such a class?

Would your answer change at all if the class also taught you how to actually
analyze events and research incidents with Sguil, possibly as a second
day?

I'm not promising to run a class, but I've been interested in doing so
for quite some time, and if I get enough interest, it's certainly a
possibility.

	Thanks,
	  David