[Snort-users] Snort 2.8 and SID on pass- and alert-rules

David J. Bianco david at ...13799...
Thu Oct 18 08:35:31 EDT 2007

You've never been allowed to have duplicate SIDs, unless they both also
have the "rev:" tag to indicate revision.  In that case, only the highest
revision will be used.  You didn't really say, but do both of your rules
have "rev:" tags?

BTW, if you're going to do this, you might as well just disable the
original rule entirely.  If you're going to pass the matching traffic,
it's just more efficient to not have the rule at all.

	David