[Snort-users] Tarari, etc - Offloading RegEx

randy at ...13561... randy at ...13561...
Mon Oct 15 13:46:21 EDT 2007

I received a PCI-X card (Tarari RegEx) today from/for our Mazu system. It is supposed to process regex (PCRE) super fast. As we all know, one of the most resource-sapping processes for Snort, and any IDS in general, is content examination. This card has no helpful documentation that I can find, and came in a plain white box. Does anyone out there know how one would go about getting one of these cards to work in a Snort box? Any developer docs? Anything?

Thanks!
Randy