[Snort-users] [RGSPAM] Re: network bandwidth downs when snort inoine is up

Joel Esler joel.esler at ...1935...
Wed Oct 10 09:37:02 EDT 2007

Agreed, I get my best test results from speakeasy.  That site tells me exactly the speed that my ISP advertises I have.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 08:56:23AM -0400, it looks like Jason sent me:

> Joel Esler wrote:
> >> I have do it a very simple test: download a file from here:
> >> http://trumpetti.atm.tut.fi/debian-cd/4.0_r1/i386/iso-cd/debian-40r1-i386-netinst.iso
> >>
> >> --
> >> CL Martinez
> >> carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com
> >

> > I don't know if that is such a good test.  I have a very fast connection to the internet and I peaked at 500 kb/s, the median of my test was around 300.  Need to find a faster site than that to test.
> >

> What is needed is something like this near the location
>
> http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
>
> I consistently get 10M bursting to 13M through a soekris box running a
> typical snort configuration.

-----
joel esler
http://demo.sourcefire.com/jesler.pgp.key