[Snort-users] [RGSPAM] Re: network bandwidth downs when snort inoine is up

Jason security at ...5028...
Wed Oct 10 08:56:23 EDT 2007

Joel Esler wrote:
>> I have do it a very simple test: download a file from here:
>> http://trumpetti.atm.tut.fi/debian-cd/4.0_r1/i386/iso-cd/debian-40r1-i386-netinst.iso
>>
>> --
>> CL Martinez
>> carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com
>

> I don't know if that is such a good test.  I have a very fast connection to the internet and I peaked at 500 kb/s, the median of my test was around 300.  Need to find a faster site than that to test.

What is needed is something like this near the location

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

I consistently get 10M bursting to 13M through a soekris box running a
typical snort configuration.