[Snort-users] network bandwidth downs when snort inoine is up

Victor Julien lists at ...14129...
Wed Oct 10 08:20:10 EDT 2007

Matt Jonkman wrote:
> What are you using to test bandwidth?
>
> If you're using one of the common online bandwidth testers, those are
> most often based on latency seen.
>
> Will and Victor, wouldn't the clam preproc cause some latency jitter?

The processing time of the packets gets a lot higher. The time spend
will depend on the packet size, content of the payload and of course the
system load. So yeah I expect there to be larger latency fluctuations...

Cheers,
Victor