[Snort-users] network bandwidth downs when snort inoine is up

Victor Julien lists at ...14129...
Wed Oct 10 03:16:57 EDT 2007

carlopmart wrote:
> Victor Julien wrote:
>
>> carlopmart wrote:

>>> I think that the problem is the clamav preprocessor too, but I didn't
>>> hope that it was so slow ...
>>>

>> What hardware are you using?
>>

> My is server is a P4 HT 3.2GHz with 1GB of RAM ...

Normally this hardware should be able to keep up with the connection
even with clamav enabled. I think this hardware should be able to handle
about 10 to 15mbit/s with clamav, although it depends on what else the
box is doing of course. To be sure, could you try to disable clamav and
try again?

Cheers,
Victor