[Snort-users] Excluding a single host from a rule

Jeremy cjeremy at ...11827...
Thu Nov 15 06:46:58 EST 2007

Event suppressions is what your looking for.  Something like:

suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 123456, track by_src, ip 10.10.10.10
or
for your entire network cidr by src
suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 123456, track by_src, ip 10.10.10.0/24

Here is a link to the snort doc's on the subject:
http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_htmanuals/htmanual_280/node339.html

--jeremy