[Snort-users] HELP: "Segmentation Fault" as result of wwwboard passwd.txt attack

Rachmat Hidayat Al-Anshar rachmat_hidayat_02 at ...131...
Sun Nov 11 09:24:27 EST 2007

hi guys,

i decided to use pre-patched snort-snortsam-2.7.0 instead snort-2.8.0 with snortsam-patch-2.8.
i compile it with ./configure --enable-dynamicplugin --enable-perfprofiling --with-mysql=/usr/ \
bin/ --with-mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql/ --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib --enable-gre \
--enable-timestat

when i try to do wwwboard passwd.txt attack to the snort sensor, i get my snort sensor stop
processing and show me "segmentation fault" issue. What was going on?

note:
i set my snort sensor also as web and database server.

http://mail.yahoo.com