[Snort-users] Tarari, etc - Offloading RegEx

Emre Saglam emresaglam at ...11827...
Wed Nov 7 11:22:52 EST 2007

I'm very interested in this too. :) We have the same product, that's how I
met Tarari as well.

On Oct 15, 2007 12:46 PM, <randy at ...13561...> wrote:

> I received a PCI-X card (Tarari RegEx) today from/for our Mazu system. It
> is supposed to process regex (PCRE) super fast. As we all know, one of the
> most resource-sapping processes for Snort, and any IDS in general, is
> content examination. This card has no helpful documentation that I can find,
> and came in a plain white box. Does anyone out there know how one would go
> about getting one of these cards to work in a Snort box? Any developer docs?
> Anything?
>
> Thanks!
> Randy

Give an adventurer a torch, and he'll be warm for an hour; have a red dragon
set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://emresaglam.com/