[Snort-users] [Snortsam-discussion] HELP: setting up SnortSamrunsSnort-2.8.0+BASE+Barnyard

Rachmat Hidayat Al-Anshar rachmat_hidayat_02 at ...131...
Sat Nov 3 09:52:29 EDT 2007

Hi Matt, thanks for ur response..

That means the patch did not apply cleanly.
| Make sure you have a clean application of the patch, if not shoot us
 the output here.
Pardon me, I didn't get it, can u explain me 'clean application'?!

I do download the snortsam-patch-2.8.tar.gz (snortsam.net) and snort-2.8.0.tar.gz (snort.org)
I didn't take it with cvs, but, is it any problem with this?!

I was..
# chmod +x *
# ./patchsnort.sh /research/snort-2.8.0

the process was successfully completed :-)

I also...

# aclocal
# autoheader
# automake --add-missing
# autoconf
# ./configure --enable-dynamicplugin --with-mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib

and the message still there... :'-(

That means the patch did not apply cleanly.

What I'd do: Delete what you have. Grab snort 2.8 from cvs, the
 snortsam
patch for it, untar them both.

In the snortsam-patch dir run patchsnort.sh and point to the newly
opened snort source.

Make sure you have a clean application of the patch, if not shoot us
 the
output here.

If successful then try compiling snort.

Let us know what comes of it.