[Snort-users] Snort Archives

pearl carlo pearlcarlo at ...131...
Wed May 30 14:04:32 EDT 2007

Dwane,

take a look at this document.. i am forwarding the link..

http://www.cipherdyne.org/docs/Snort2.1_chapter12.pdf

I hope this will help ..what you are looking for.

"Atkins, Dwane P" <ATKINSD at ...9240...> wrote:              I am trying to find some back information on SnortSam and I am unable to access the snort archives.  Once again, is there some secret to doing this.  Seems clicking on it is not enough.

  In the meantime, I will ask one more time.  I have installed snort 2.6.15 on FC4 with BASE.  I was interested in finding infiltrators via SSH, FTP, etc protocol.  This has been done.  I was then told that I could use and application called snortsam that will allow me send shuns to our pix firewall.

  I have set up snortsam via a patch.  My only question is now, how do I go about setting up the information about my pix in this application.

  I cannot find information on this anywhere.  I did not configure snortsam, but used the patchsnort process. Therefore, I do not have a snortsam.conf file.

  Thanks

  Dwane

  Dwane Atkins
  210-567-0158