[Snort-users] snort process getting killed

doug schmidt douglas.j.schmidt at ...11827...
Wed May 16 16:46:45 EDT 2007

> I suspect the use of a very old snort.conf. I suggest using the
> snort.conf in the tarball for the version of snort you are running
> (2.6.1.5), you will of course, have to edit to suit your environment.

This looks like it could be the issue. I've started with this new conf
and re-edited
for the environment. Has been running without any issues thus far.
(Close to 5 hours now.)
Will let it continue running and give any updates.

thanks.
~doug