[Snort-users] snort process getting killed

Nigel Houghton nigel at ...1935...
Wed May 16 16:23:10 EDT 2007

On  0, Todd Wease <twease at ...1935...> wrote:
> doug schmidt wrote:
> > Will test with ac-bnfa; right now running with acs
> >
> > Here is some config's: (removed IP's in var's)
>
> > preprocessor telnet_decode
>
> Sorry, should have caught this before.  The telnet_decode preprocessor
> has been deprecated in favor the the ftp_telnet dynamic preprocessor.
> Again, take a look at the default snort.conf and README.ftptelnet (in
> docs/).

I suspect the use of a very old snort.conf. I suggest using the
snort.conf in the tarball for the version of snort you are running
(2.6.1.5), you will of course, have to edit to suit your environment.

It may seem like a pain, but I suspect it will save you a lot of time in
the future.

--
Nigel Houghton
Office Linebacker