[Snort-users] Unable to install Snort 2.6.1.4 on RHEL5

Dan Brummer dan.brummer at ...13875...
Mon May 14 14:58:01 EDT 2007

Verify on  libpcap-devel comes back blank.  Tried removing it and
readding, still same issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Hoffman [mailto:hhoffman at ...10275...]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 11:30 AM
To: Dan Brummer
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Unable to install Snort 2.6.1.4 on RHEL5

I was just emailing back and forth with another person who has/had this
same problem.

Is libpcap-devel installed on your system? If it is please get a listing
of files in the rpm db and verify the integrity of the package. If not
intact, please remove and then re-install the -devel package and see if
that works.

Verify Files:
rpm -V libpcap-devel

Cheers,