[Snort-users] Snort 2.6.1.5 Killed?

Christopher Rommel cromme1 at ...14159...
Thu Jun 28 09:48:56 EDT 2007

I am having problems getting Snort 2.6.1.5 to run in IDS mode. I have
configured Snort properly, but when I go to run Snort in IDS mode I get
the following:

***
*** interface device lookup found: eth0
***

Initializing Network Interface eth0
Decoding Ethernet on interface eth0
database: compiled support for ( mysql )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = snort
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = localhost
database:   sensor name = 192.168.2.4
database:     sensor id = 1
database: schema version = 107
database: using the "log" facility
Killed

The output hangs at 'database: using the "log" facility' for about 5
minutes and then finally results in being Killed. Has anyone else came
across a similar issue like this before? This is the first time I have
came across this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris