[Snort-users] Snort not righting to DB

Louis Bohm lbohm at ...14154...
Wed Jun 20 08:08:46 EDT 2007

I am running Snort 2.6.1.5-1 on a Centos 5 machine with MySql
5.0.22-2.1.  When I built snort I built it with the mysql option.  In
the snort.conf file I have the following:

 output database: log, mysql, user=snortuser password=xxxxx
dbname=snortDB host=localhost detail=full

And I am also getting an alert log and a regular log file for each
interface.

At present I am not seeing a lot of events because I have not plugged
the box in to a lot of places but I am seeing some and it is showing in
the logs.  However, I am getting nothing in the database.  I am not even
seeing a connection between snort and the DB.  Snort is reporting NO
errors what so ever.  And if I run snort -T -c /etc/snort/snort.conf I
see that it logs in to the DB with no problems.

I know this should work I have done it before...  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Louis

~~
Louis Bohm