[Snort-users] snort and mysql5 losing db connection

Richard Bejtlich taosecurity at ...11827...
Thu Jun 14 10:54:06 EDT 2007

On 6/14/07, Jeff Dell <jdell at ...1095...> wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I couldn't agree with you more, but I think this is partially to do with
> barnyard and not the users. Here are a few reasons why I think this is
> happening...

Hi Jeff and everyone,

Re: documentation --

My next Snort Report (due to appear at TechTarget any day now) will
address using Snort with Barnyard.  Also, the second hit on this query

http://www.google.com/search?q=snort+barnyard+mysql

points to this recent article

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1255683,00.html

which shows how to get Snort working with Barnyard and MySQL.

Sincerely,

Richard